09 July 2012

Denver Botanic Gardens

I have no idea why it took me so long to get myself down to the Denver Botanic Gardens. I've only driven by it a zillion times, and it's always something I like to do when traveling. But somehow, it slipped my mind. Well, that era is over! I am getting a membership for my family because it is literally a vast haven where I can go and know that my soul will be soothed, even with cranky toddler and grumpy husband in tow (by the end, they were soothed too). It was particularly beautiful on the misty, cool morning we had yesterday, walking and looking, talking and being silent, noticing, wondering, smelling, marvelling, exploring, running, sitting, snacking, listening and relaxing. Did I mention the children's garden with the rickety bridge that my son ran over giggling with glee about 54 times?

From this adventure I wanted to point out a particularly fun new find for the garden; a sedum-like plant (hardy for Colorado) with the best name I've ever come across...the Moon Carrot (pictured). Also of note were the amazing bamboo sculptures and misty lily pond. Have a visit soon, you will not be dissapointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment