18 June 2012

Here comes the sun....

It's almost officially summer here in Colorado but if you live here, you know it feels like it's already been around a couple of months. I have enjoyed June so much due to the abundance of PEONIES and lush green that is quickly starting to fade due to recent high temps, winds and dry weather. This year is the first year my own flower garden has started to take off and though I don't do much cutting, I love sitting on my back porch and seeing the multicolored beauty of nature, born of the efforts of creation and my own two hands. I love the feeling of my dirty hands and sweaty brow...washing away in a soapy shower and then looking at what I have done! I am as much in love with garden flowers as I am with cut floral design and perhaps I can mix the two someday. For now I am feeling energetic and optimistic about the coming months of sunshine, and hoping to get my business back on the radar a little bit. I took last year off since I had a new baby but things are starting to get normalish again and I'd love to do a wedding or two come fall. More posts to come. Until then, enjoy the outdoor scenery!

No comments:

Post a Comment